Such a simple recipe to make, just remember to soak the cashews overnight.
You also need a decent food processor.
The cheese freezes well so if you like it you can make a double batch and freeze it in batches till ready to use.
It’s a great talking point and bound to delight vegetarian and vegan guests.
Free from Gluten, Dairy, Sugar
- 2½ cups Soaked, drained cashews
- 1-2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½-1 Tablespoon chickpea miso or other mild miso (I used Braggs Aminos)
- ½ Teaspoon Celtic sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1½ Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3-5 Tablespoons water
What to do with them:
- Pop all the ingredients into a food processor and whizz together till smooth and creamy.
- You will probably need to scrape down the sides a few times between processing.
- Divide into batches and freeze or keep in the fridge.
- Goes great with organic corn thins or rice cakes – I love the Rude Health brand.